If you are looking to travel from Delhi to Hemkund Sahib Gurudwara by bus, then you are at the right place. Here you will get comprehensive information about Hemkund Sahib Yatra 2019 and booking deluxe bus rentals.
Delhi to Hemkund Sahib Gurudwara by Bus
About Hemkund Sahib Yatra
Hemkund Sahib is a world-famous Sikh Gurudwara nestled amid the breathtaking beauty of Saptashrungi, or the Seven Peaks of Himalayas, in the Chamoli district of Uttarakhand, India.
The pious shrine is associated with the 10th Sikh Guru, Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji. The ‘Bachitar Natak’ composition of Dasam Granth has its mention that Guru Gobind Singh meditated at Hemkund Sahib in his previous incarnation and got enlightenment at this holy place.
Owing to its immense religious significance, thousands of Sikh & Hindu devotees embark on Hemkund Sahib Yatra every year to seek divine blessings of the Almighty.
The pristine Gurudwara is adorned with the glacial lake, Hemkund Sarovar, whose crystal-clear water reflects the Saptashrungi, offering a stunning view to experience.
Hemkund Sahib remains snow-clad throughout the year, perched at an astounding elevation of 15,200 feet.
Hemkund Sahib Yatra 2019 Opening & Closing Date
Hemkund Sahib Opening Date 2019
Hemkund Sahib Yatra 2019 will commence from May 25. The common Sikh ritual of Nagar Kirtan will begin from Govindghat to Govind Dham on May 24 and from Govind Dham to Hemkund Sahib on May 25.
Hemkund Sahib Yatra Closing Date 2019
Darshan at Gurudwara Shri Hemkund Sahib Ji will close from October 10. Heavy snowfall in the months of October to April makes traveler commute impracticable and dangerous in this region.
Hemkund Sahib Overview
- Temperature: 5 degree Celsius in November
- Best Time to Visit: May – June, September – November
- Altitude: 15,200 ft (4300 metre)
- Nearest Airport: Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun, 292 km
- Nearest Railway Station: Rishikesh, 273 km
- Trek Distance: 19 km from Govindghat to Hemkund Sahib Gurudwara
- Trek Duration: 3 days
- Trek Grade: Moderate
- Location: Chamoli, Uttarakhand
- Hemkund Sahib Bus Service: From Delhi, Chandigarh, Haridwar and Rishikesh
- Famous for: Hemkund Sahib Gurudwara, Lakshmana Temple, Badrinath, Hemkund Sarovar, Valley of Flowers, Auli and Joshimath
Delhi to Hemkund Sahib Gurudwara by Bus – A Complete Guide
If you want to travel from Delhi to Hemkund Sahib by bus, take a flight till Indira Gandhi International Airport to reach New Delhi. Next day, you can board a luxury Toyota Coaster bus from Delhi to Hemkund Sahib Gurudwara.For details read below.
Road Route from Delhi to Hemkund Sahib
The most-availed route from Delhi to Hemkund Sahib Gurudwara by bus is:
Delhi – Meerut – Haridwar – Rishikesh – Rudraprayag(Night Halt) – Joshimath – Govindghat (Night Halt) – Ghangaria(By Helicopter or Pony)(Night halt) – Shri Hemkund Sahib(by Pony) – Ghangaria(Night Halt) – Govindghat – Rudraprayag(Night Halt) – Delhi
There are no further motorable roads from Govindghat to Hemkund Sahib. You can trek for 19 km enroute Ghangaria to reach the Sikh shrine. However, it is extremely tough to trek along the hazardous hilly terrains of the Himalayas.
You can also book helicopter shuttle service from Govindghat to Ghangaria, the base camp for Hemkund Sahib trekking.
It takes approximately 5 minutes to reach Ghangaria via helicopter. From there you can have a pony ride to reach the Gurudwara, which is at a distance of 6 km.
For an all-inclusive journey to the holy shrine, it is advisable to book Hemkund Sahib Yatra package with WaytoIndia. We ensure the most comfortable travelling experience, taking you to a pious yatra of holy pilgrimages such as Haridwar, Rudraprayag and Hemkund Sahib. If you wish to add other tourist sites into the itinerary, please contact us at the time of booking.
Delhi to Hemkund Sahib Distance
Delhi to Hemkund Sahib Gurudwara distance by road is approximately 518 km.
The total journey may take anywhere from 13 to 14 hours to reach Govindghat from New Delhi. To make the schedule less hectic, it is suggested to break up your journey into 2-3 days, with overnight stay at Rudraprayag, Govindghat and Ghangaria. One day & night stay at Ghangaria is crucial to help you acclimatise with the high altitude.
Delhi to Hemkund Sahib Bus Information
There is no direct bus from New Delhi to Hemkund Sahib Gurudwara. If you have not booked a tour package, you have to a board a bus from New Delhi to reach Haridwar or Rishikesh. From there you have to take another bus to reach Govindghat. Gurudwara Hemkund Sahib is accessible from Govindghat via trekking or helicopter service.
There are plenty of buses plying between Delhi and Haridwar or Rishikesh on a regular basis. The buses are available from Maharana Pratap Inter State Bus Terminal, New Delhi. These include luxury Volvo coaches, air-conditioned sleeper coaches, deluxe buses with restroom and state buses running under Uttarakhand State Transportation Authority. The passenger capacity is from 14 to 45. The buses for Haridwar/Rishikesh depart every half an hour 24×7.
Thousands from pilgrims from around the world set off for Hemkund Sahib Yatra every year. To prevent the rush and last-minute hassles, it is recommended to book your bus tickets at least 2 – 3 months in advance.
ISBT Contact Details
: Yudhister Setu, Inter State Bus Terminal, Kashmere Gate, New Delhi, Delhi 110006; Phone: 011-23860290.
Bus Rentals from Delhi to Hemkund Sahib
Delhi to Hemkund Sahib bus fare will range anything from INR 1500 – 3279 per person. Deluxe, air-conditioned coaches are costlier as compared to Uttarakhand state buses which may charge around INR 200 – 250 from New Delhi to Haridwar/Rishikesh and from there to Govindghat.
Hemkund Sahib Road Distance Chart
Apart from New Delhi, you can avail bus service from Chandigarh, Rishikesh and Haridwar to reach Hemkund Sahib Ji Gurudwara. Here is a road distance chart from nearby cities:
|From & To||Distance|
|Delhi to Hemkund Sahib by Bus||518 Km|
|Haridwar to Hemkund Sahib Bus distance||322 Km|
|Rishikesh to Hemkund Sahib bus service||342 Km|
|Amritsar to Hemkund Sahib by bus||717 Km|
|Dehradun to Hemkund Sahib by bus||316 Km|
|Chandigarh to Hemkund Sahib by bus||493 Km|
Hemkund Sahib Gurudwara Bus Fare from Major Cities
- Delhi to Hemkund Sahib Bus Fare: INR 200 – 3279
- Haridwar to Hemkund Bus Fare: INR 242 onwards
- Rishikesh to Hemkund Sahib Bus Fare: INR 460 onwards
- Chandigarh to Hemkund Sahib Bus Fare: INR 2900 onwards
Important Information for Hemkund Sahib Yatra by Bus
Here is some valuable information that you should know to travel from Delhi to Hemkund Sahib by bus.
- All buses to Hemkund Sahib via Haridwar and Rishikesh depart from ISBT, New Delhi. The first bus to Haridwar is scheduled at 00: 51 hours. The first state bus operated by Uttar Pradesh State Transport leaves at 02:31 hours while the last bus departs at 18:00 hours.
- Private & state buses from Delhi to Hemkund Sahib via Rishikesh depart from 02:30 onwards, whereas the last bus to Rishikesh leaves at 18:00 hours.
- Considering the high altitude range at Hemkund Sahib, you should take necessary precautions to avoid health problems. Carry woollens in abundance. Make sure you have few woollen clothes handy because you may need them as your bus rides high on the hills.
- Do not forget to carry first-aid kit, glucose and other dry food such as nuts, chocolates, biscuits, etc.
- As you travel from Delhi to Hemkund Sahib Gurudwara by bus, make sure you carry enough cash as ATM facility is poor in this area.
- Being the cheapest mode of transportation, Hemkund Sahib bus service is exceptionally in demand. It is advised that you book your bus tickets for Hemkund Sahib Yatra 2019 at least 3 months prior to your journey date.
- For a comfortable and hassle-free travel experience, you can book Hemkund Sahib Yatra package with a reputable tour operator. Depending on your group size, a dedicated bus will be allotted to travel from New Delhi till Govindghat.
- If you wish to avail helicopter service from Govindghat to Ghangaria, book the same well in advance because facilities are limited.
- From Ghangaria, you can trek for 6 km to reach the Sikh shrine or have a pony ride with dedicated porter to carry your belongings.
- Pilgrims having heart ailment or pulmonary disorders should avoid HemkundSahib Yatra. The shrine is located at a very high altitude and people can experience severe breathing problems due to lack of oxygen.
- Luxury accommodation is available at Haridwar, Rishikesh, Rudraprayag and Govindghat, in case you plan an overnight stay in any of these places. Book luxury camps at Ghangaria for an enthralling experience.
Delhi to Hemkund Sahib Gurudwara By Bus (Luxury Tour by Waytoindia.com)
Waytoindia.com organises fixed departures from Delhi to Hemkund Sahib Gurudwara By Bus.
The tour is a luxury tour as you travel in a state of the art Luxury Toyota Coaster bus from Delhi. Your stay and meals are arranged at the best available hotels and camps.
To know more about this tour, you may read the detailed tour plan and quotation on the link https://spark.adobe.com/page/wINpTdGG75AFl/
Have an enchanting pilgrimage experience like never before! Embark on a memorable journey from Delhi to Hemkund Sahib Gurudwara by bus, savouring your eyes amid the picturesque scenic beauty and divine lure of the Almighty. Book exclusive travel packages at WaytoIndia and make your journey relaxing and unforgettable.
For those who cannot spare that many number of days, one may book Hemkund Sahib Yatra from Dehradun through helicopter.