Lansdowne, absolutely undisturbed and blessed with bountiful nature, steals the limelight from the often-crowded hill stations like Nainital and Mussoorie in Uttarakhand. The British developed Lansdowne as a recruiters training centre and the place continues to retain the fading remnants depicting the colonial charm.There are plenty of resorts in Lansdowne Uttarakhand, however, Lansdowne being a small hill station still has limited availability of resorts.
In the article below we explore some of the hotels and resorts in Lansdowne
Hotels And Resorts In Lansdowne Uttarakhand
At the altitude of 1,700 m., this heavenly abode fringed by oaks and blue pines promises heart-warming glimpses of the snow-clad Himalayan crowns and green panoramas soaked in invincible serenity.
The resorts in Lansdowne Uttarakhand witness the most alluring facets of pristine nature while offering the best of luxury and hospitality to their guests.
From hillside to jungle resorts, these properties occupy the right spots, keeping the tourists close to the mountain sceneries, gorgeous valleys, and the popular attractions and activities. Here, we help you go through the list of the most recommended resorts and handpick the best one matching your needs precisely.
Blue Pine Resort
Whether you are planning a leisure holiday with family or a romantic honeymoon, Blue Pine Resort is the right choice not only in Lansdowne but in the whole of Uttarakhand.
The 33 valley-facing rooms of the resort are adequately spacious and laced with all possible amenities, while there is no dearth of some truly entertaining activities to indulge in.
- What’s Special? DJs, bonfires, gymnasium and indoor games, apart from Pelican – the multi-cuisine restaurant; mind-blowing sunset and sunrise views
- Rooms & Tariff: Super Deluxe (INR 5,500), Premium (INR 6,500), Platinum (INR 7,500) and Family Suite (INR 7,500)
- Tip: Choose a room offering a terrific balcony view.
- Address : Deriya Khal, Lansdowne, Uttarakhand 246155
- Contact Number:+91 9899599229
- Tripadvisor Rating: Rated as number 6 among 29 B&Bs / Inns in Lansdowne (Click to read traveller reviews)
Retreat Anand Jungle Resort
Located amidst the thick canopies of pine and oak forests, Retreat Anand Jungle Resort in the outskirts of Lansdowne helps one dwell in the laps of immaculate nature.
Escape from the chaotic life and get ready for a relaxing holiday while enjoying the whispering melodies of the wilderness and delicious home-cooked food.
- What’s Great? Cottages with exclusive sprawling lawn areas; among the few Lansdowne resorts with swimming pool; opportunities like trekking, bird-watching, and camping in the countryside
- Rooms/ Tariff:Standard Cottages, Family Cottages, and Deluxe Cottages starting at INR 3,600
- Tip:The road leading to the resort is narrow with sharp turns. Make sure you check in and check out before it gets dark.
- Contact Numbers: 01386 – 262305, +91-9760604177, +91- 9917860683
- Tripadvisor Rating:Number 10 of 15 Specialty Lodging in Lansdowne (Click to read traveller reviews)
The Rock Heaven Resort
About 17 km. from the town, The Rock Heaven Resort is the best resort in Lansdowne if you also plan to visit the famous Tarkeshwar Temple (just about 20 km. from the resort) of Uttarakhand. Engaging views, neat and clean rooms, and courteous staff are some of the highlights of the property.
- What’s special?Multi-cuisine restaurant serving Indian, South Indian and Italian platters; suitable for all budgets
- Rooms & Tariff:Deluxe (INR 3,500), Balcony View Room (INR 4,500), Family Suite (INR 6,000)
- Tip:The resort is a good choice if you are travelling in a private vehicle. The manager, Mr. Negi, is extremely helpful in providing guidance.
- Address: Village Sisaldi, P.O. Chametha,Tehsil – lansdowne, District – Pauri Garhwal, Uttarakhand – 246155
- Contact Numbers: +91-9818188768, +91-9410581595
- Tripadvisor Rating:Number 2 of 14 Specialty Lodging in Pauri (Click to read traveller reviews)
Rio Resort is about 21 km. from Lansdowne and among the popular resorts in Uttarakhand with a riverside location.
The 7 wooden cottages bring in the vintage charm while the extra warmth is added by the generous staff of the property. Prefer staying in the resort to enjoy solace and complete seclusion from the outside world.
- What makes it special? Obviously, the views and presence of the natural stream flowing by; terrace garden to enjoy hot tea and coffee; private balconies and multi-cuisine platters (Indian, Chinese and Continental)
- Rooms and Tariff: Deluxe (INR 4,500), Super Deluxe (INR 6,500)
- Tip:Insist for a riverside dining experience you would cherish forever.
- Address: Kotdwar Lansdowne Rd Bilasu Pauri Garhwal Uttarakhand.
- Contact Numbers: +919997303306, +918274948816
- Tripadvisor Rating: Ranked number 11 among 29 B&Bs /Inns in Lansdowne (Click to read traveller reviews)
Kasang Regency Hill Resort
Counted among the region’s top luxury resorts, Kasang Resort in Palkot Village near Lansdowne explores the peace and beauty of Uttarakhand.
The environment is absolutely pleasant with fresh air always ready to engulf the senses and constant chirping of the birds adding music to the ears. Food and amenities are among the top-rated in the region.
- What’s Nice? Special guided and entertainment tours, including activities like trekking, nature walks, village tours and bird watching, indoor games and gym, good arrangements for business and corporate guests
- Rooms/ Tariff: Deluxe Room (INR 4,720) Super Deluxe Room (INR 5,310)
- Tip: The resort is about 6.5 km. from Lansdowne. You can travel the distance in local cabs.
- Address: Village Palkot, Lansdowne, Uttarakhand 246155
- Contact numbers: +91 9411137650, 9837452227
- Tripadvisor Rating: Ranked number 1 among 29 B&Bs /Inns in Lansdowne (Click to read traveller reviews)
Corbett Hill Resorts
A drive of about 200 m. from the main road with greenery greeting the eyes on both sides takes you to the Corbett Hill Resorts, another popular accommodation in Lansdowne offering the best of Uttarakhand experience. The idea of an entertaining holiday turns real as you accept the hospitality of exquisite nature and savour the high level of comfort and luxury promised here.
- What’s Special? Stunning mountain and valley views; multi-cuisine restaurant called Dawat-e-Khaas and musical evening organized every single day.
- Rooms & Tariff: Deluxe (INR 4,399), Super Deluxe (INR 4,899), Cottages (INR 5,899), Executive Suites (INR 6,099), Family Rooms (INR 6,699)
- Tip: The resort offers fully-furnished banquet and conference halls to hold events. Expect the tariff to reduce by almost INR 1,000 during off-season.
- Address: Lansdowne Market Road, Palkot, Pauri Garhwal, Lansdowne, Uttarakhand 246155
- Contact Number: 011-3958 5859
- Tripadvisor Rating: Ranked number 6 among 10 hotels in Lansdowne (Click to read traveller reviews)
Fairydale Resort in Lansdowne Uttarakhand is tagged as the oldest accommodation in the town, as it traces its roots way back to 1912. The fact itself is exciting enough to inspire your stay in the resort which boats of old world charm and still has the modern amenities to its credit. Food is good with large servings and the helpful staff members make the stay even more enjoyable.
- What’s Hot? Less crowded as there are only 7-8 rooms, artistic furnishings and decors, scenic landscapes; centric location promising proximity to all tourist spots and good mobile signal strength
- Rooms and Tariff:Rooms and cottages with average price INR 5,000
- Tip:Choose among special packages like Weekend Hideout, Philosophers’’ Choice and Honeymooners Paradise. One can also choose the resort’s Salpine Jungle Camp.
- Address: Bungalow No. 29, Near Bhulla Lake, Pauri Garhwal, Lansdowne, Uttarakhand 246155
- Contact Number: +919412081837, +919410074848, +91-7520858466
- Tripadvisor Rating: Ranked number 1 among 10 hotels in Lansdowne (Click to read traveller reviews)
Bright Sunny Pines Hotel and Resort
Other place to stay in Lansdowne is Bright Sunny Pines Resort, located about 5 km. from Lansdowne.
The most amazing part of the property is its location and the 360 degree views of mountains and valleys carpeted with greenery and flowers.
The basic amenities are good and the multi-cuisine kitchen for vegetarian and non-vegetarian preparations adds to its value.
- What’s Nice?The peaceful location, private balconies, overwhelming sunrise views, fresh air and friendly environment
- Rooms and Tariff:Deluxe Rooms starting at INR 5,600
- Tip: Try booking a room on the upper floors for even better views.
- Address:Kotdwar Pauri Road, Near Ram Mandir, Jaiharikhal, Lansdowne, Uttarakhand 246193
- Contact Number:07895356953, 0138-6263112
- Tripadvisor Rating: Ranked number 10 among 29 B&Bs /Inns in Lansdowne (Click to read traveller reviews)
Astre Vue Resort
Your search for the best resorts in Lansdowne Uttarakhand gets interesting with this hilltop resort near Satpuli.
The rooms are elegantly designed with special attention towards decors and hygiene while the enchanting views of the Himalayas are like an icing on the cake. The sun rising above the cedar forests would make your heart skip a beat and the personalized services would compel you to revisit the chic place for sure.
- What’s Special?The very generous host Dr. Yash who caters to every need of the guests; glasshouse restaurant; bonfires with guitar performances; activities like archery and village tours and a memorable stargazing experience
- Rooms and Tariff:Deluxe (INR 4,000), Super Deluxe (INR 6,500), Premium (INR 7,500)
- Tip:The resort also offers luxury tent accommodation at INR 7500 which is just not worth missing
- Address:Village Gumkhal, Tehsil Lansdowne, District Pauri Garhwal, Uttarakhand – 246128.
- Contact Number: +91-9717992592; +91-9690030055
- Tripadvisor Rating: Ranked number 3 among 29 B&Bs /Inns in Lansdowne (Click to read traveller reviews)
For literally enjoying vasa (stay) in van (jungle), there is no better choice than Vanvasa Resort in Lansdowne.Though, it is located about 70 km. from the main town area, still the tourists don’t mind the distance, thanks to the resort’s hilltop location surrounded by virgin beauty and some state-of-the-art amenities.
- What’s Special ?23 well-maintained and fully-equipped cottages, villas and family rooms; swimming pool; multi-cuisine restaurant; indoor and outdoor activities; meditation space
- Rooms and Tariff:Cottage (INR 7,500) Villa (INR 8,500), Family Room (INR 16,000)
- Tip:Plan guided trekking and nature walk tours. As the resort is located in Kalagarh tiger Reserve, you can also plan an unforgettable tiger safari.
- Address: Kalagarh Tiger Reserve, Village Jui,Division-Lansdowne, Uttarakhand – 246170, India
- Contact Number: +918744076884 /+918744076885 /+918744076886
- Tripadvisor Rating: (Click to read traveller reviews)
Tip N Top Resort
Get on the top of the world as you climb to the highest point of Lansdowne, called Tip N Top. You can actually extend the pleasure by choosing to stay at this charming resort named after the popular tourist spot. There are a variety of accommodation options to choose from, each offering the equally spellbinding showcase of Uttarakhand’s tempting beauty.
- What’s Nice?The log hut cottages boast of logs imported from Finland; astounding sunset and sunrise views; beautiful gardens
- Rooms and Tariff:Deluxe Huts (INR 3,000), Super Deluxe Cottages (INR 5,600), Family Cottages (INR 8,700)
- Tip:As the resort is maintained by the Garhwal Mandal Vikas Nigam (GMVN), the accommodation may fill in faster especially during the peak seasons.
- Address: Garhwal Mandal Vikas Nigam LTD, Lansdowne 246155, India
- Contact Number: (GMVN Office, Dehradun) 91-135-2740896, 2746817, 2749308, 2748478
- Bookings can also be made on GMVN website(Click to book GMVN Accommodation Online)
- Tripadvisor Rating: Ranked number 3 among 15 speciality lodging in Lansdowne (Click to read traveller reviews)
The resorts in Lansdowne Uttarakhand preserve the most striking aspect of the hill station – its unspoilt allure. Choose one of these accommodations and make it another outstanding travel experience of your life.